Yeah, yeah, I’m doing this a bit early…but considering this will probably be the last time I blog this year (unless something MAJOR happens)…just be lucky I’m doing it at all!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I started doing yoga. Don’t always get along with it, but I likes!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions?
Well, I can’t really say I kept my resolutions. But that’s because I actually didn’t really make any last year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
We’re not close anymore, but we were once: the ex and his wife had a baby girl. She’s precious and I wish them all the happiness in the world.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me. My paternal grandfather passed away recently, but considering I only ever remember meeting him once in my whole life, I wouldn’t consider us close.
5. What countries did you visit?
None! Hell, I barely even left Pennsylvania this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A legitimate full-time Monday through Friday job rather than one in retail where full-time can mean anywhere from 28-40 hours per week Sunday through Saturday.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 5, 2012 – My graduation from Duquesne
November 13, 2012 – Meeting Seto for the first time
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Finishing graduate school was definitely a big achievement for me this year. But more importantly was finally realizing that I had broken through the chains that I let keep me down for the past year and a half.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting little things drag me down when I shouldn’t have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing beyond the typical illnesses I always seem to come down with. Managed to pick up walking pneumonia for the third year in a row… I really should consume more vitamin C.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Aftermarket radio for my car to replace the dying stock one (and so I could more easily use my Sirius!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don’t know… A lot of my friends made me proud to be their friend this year. If I tried to go through and name everyone this blog post would be WAAAY too long.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody really made me depressed, but I was appalled by the amount of ignorance and lack of respect shown by several of the people I consider close friends (and even some of my family members) around election time. It was one thing to have a difference in opinion or to agree to disagree, but what I was seeing was just absolutely horrid.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and Medicine. Considering I don’t really spend all that much money otherwise.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to the Steelers vs Redskins game with John
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
“Spectrum” by Zedd
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Much happier.
b) thinner or fatter? About 50lbs thinner! (HUZZAH)
c) richer or poorer? Pretty much the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Making friends and socializing with people off the computer.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing out over things that I couldn’t change.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Probably sleeping. Since the whole family can’t be together this year on Christmas, and work schedules are an issue, we had our Christmas in the beginning of December. So I’m really not doing anything but spending the day to myself.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
After spending most of my life traveling the “fast” route in relationships, this year I was finally ready to settle down and take things slow…not put my cart in front of my horse, so to speak. With that said, however, I did meet someone this year who has completely blown me off my feet. He is amazing, and I honestly don’t care who knows it…I am falling more in love with him each and every passing day.
22. How many one-night stands?
None. I never have and never will be a one-night stand kind of girl.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Favorite in terms of what I liked most: Doctor Who.
Favorite in terms of what I watched most: Big Bang Theory.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I don’t hate anyone. And as a matter of fact I actually dislike fewer people now than I did this time last year too. I learned to let a lot of things go, and “rise above.” It’s pointless to hold grudges against people for things they did in the past. I know who I can and cannot trust, and that’s enough for me.
25. What was the best book you read?
Didn’t read that much his year >.> But it’d have to be: “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I’m going to have to say that it’s Zedd. I know I’d heard songs remixed by him before, but I never really listened to any of his music until very recently. And of course I fell head over heels in love.
27. What did you want and get?
A SiriusXM radio.
28. What did you want and not get?
A management position at work.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m going to call it a tie. Between Hunger Games (because hello, it was THE FRIGGEN HUNGER GAMES) and Wreck-It Ralph (because it was such a cute movie and I loved the music).
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My birthday (Nov 29th) kind of got transformed into a two-day celebration. On Thursday, my actual birthday, I went out to Mad Mex with my best friend Kyle and our friend Kaylee. And then Friday I got to spend the majority of the day with Seto. Also… I turned 26.
31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Uh…. Winning the lottery? I dunno… I had a pretty good year.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
If it fits without falling off: wear it.
I spent a lot of time in 2012 wearing clothes that were way too big for me (due to my weight loss). So as long as something stayed on (most of the time with the help of a belt in the case of pants) I’d wear it. I just couldn’t see a point in going out every couple months and buying all new clothes considering the fact that I’m still losing weight.
33. What kept you sane?
For most of the year: Kyle, even when he was driving me insane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election, of course.
36. Who did you miss?
I spent most of this year missing Rochelle, since I never get to see her anymore now that she’s moved to Holland and only gets home to the States occasionally.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
It would be 100% biased of me to say Seto. ^_^ So instead I’ll focus on two others who I’ve met that have made a lasting impression on me even though I’ve known them less than two months: Lucky and Az. Both of these guys are awesome to talk to and to game with. I’ve spent many a late night on Diablo III with Lucky, or in JKA with Az. And of course, even when I’m not in the mood to game, I love logging onto Teamspeak just to chat.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Early on in 2012 – When you carry the past around with you like a ball and chain, it’s nearly impossible to move forward. Before you can move on, you have to let go.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Let’s make this fleeting moment last forever
So, tell me what you’re waiting for?
I’m gonna keep it frozen here forever,
There’s no regretting anymore.”
“Alive” – Krewella